Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Instant Chai Mix

I really enjoy the spiciness of chai tea but usually find it too sweet when ordering it out. I was so excited when I saw a mix recipe on the Kitchen Addiction blog. I tinkered with it to suit my taste for a lightly sweetened and nicely spiced hot drink.  It's perfect for any time of day if you make it with decaffeinated tea. It makes a great little gift if you mix some up in a jar and add a pretty tag or label with directions. 

Ingredients

1 cup non-fat dry milk
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp. ginger
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cardamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp white pepper

Directions

Whisk all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of mix into mug. Stir in 6-8 ounces hot water. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tea time!!!;)