Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Baking Mix

Occasionally I come across recipes that call for Bisquick, but that isn't a product I typically have on hand.  Several years ago I searched for a recipe to make my own version.  After trying quite a few different ones, I've settled on this one as my favorite.  I don't even know where it originally came from to credit the source for adaptation. Some of the recipes I use it in are Pumpkin Bars, Impossible Pumpkin Pie, Sausage & Cheese Appetizers and Quick Banana Bread just to name a few.  I will post them eventually ☺


Ingredients

2 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cups shortening or coconut oil*

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or in a bowl with a pastry blender or fork.  Store in an airtight container.

*Coconut Oil Benefits;Dr. Oz Video on Coconut Oil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all things homemade !!

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy this recipe to the things you love that are homemade. It really is convenient and you can feel good knowing the ingredients are all natural.